- Within 4 hours of landing, 3 laptop backpacks were stolen from my brother's car, including mine which was filled with all sorts of travel gear
- On the 2nd day, I feasted on a 4 course meal with 4-5 dishes for each course at a delicious dinner rehearsal
- On the 3rd day, I attended a wedding for a friend I have known for 20 years. That's 2/3 of my life!
- On the 4th day, I was bonding with family over dinner over topics I never thought I'd chat with them on
- On the 5th day, I helped with a homemade Japanese feast featuring ramen, and enjoyed more lively conversation
- Coming back to Seattle, I started feeling incredibly lonely
- Once home, it really hit me just how much stuff I lost from that stolen backpack
Now my brain is in all sorts of weird nostalgic and social thoughts and notions.
The oddest part was, losing my laptop and tablet (among other things) felt more like a release. It let me enjoy my stay instead of focusing on my gadgets. Maybe that's why I enjoy travel so much, I tend to disconnect and enjoy life instead of constantly playing with toys.
Anyway. Interesting trip this time around, and not because of the destination.