Friday, January 23, 2015

lessons learned from skiing

things i learned from skiing for the first time last weekend:

i have acclimated to colder climates. my cozy parka from madison was actually too warm for me

my legs are weak sauce. which means, i need to work out more, which has been difficult lately since my knee still hurts from twisting it over the holidays

intense sports still require a lot of courage. downhill skiing and other friction-less sports are not for the feint of heart

the big toe is vital for walking. my ski boot did not fit quite right, which caused my toes to squish up and leave me with bruised big toes. the toes still hurt when walking


overall fun and much easier than snowboarding (for me). more trips are scheduled already. interesting start to the year.

No comments: