Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Massive dump of linky links

It's been a while since I posted links, and I've been collecting them on and off... and while I know most of these will go unseen, my photo-a-day has gone on hiatus so why not?

In no particular order...

Why you should move to a new city where you don't know a single soul - I've done this twice now, and each time it has dramatically broadened my views and influenced who I am now. Honestly too few people move around when they have the capacity to.

The "other side" is not dumb -  Quite relevant in the current political climate, and day-to-day interactions with ANYTHING you are unfamiliar with. My favorite quote: "If you can’t make your opponent’s point for them, you don’t truly grasp the issue."

No, you're not different, you're just an "Aging Millennial" - This is why I do not consider myself a full millennial and usually identify more with Gen X

Apple stole my music, no seriously - And this is why I am a hoarder when it comes to my music/video/photo files. I feel goofy not using streaming services, at the same time it frightens me that our consumption of media is now constantly connected and monitored for marketing purposes

10 types of odd friendships - Good, fun, hauntingly accurate, analysis

The tail end - This is eye opening and stresses me out a bit

Where we went, state by state - this is from 2014, but is still a fascinating look at the migration patterns in the United States

It's payback time (video) - watch out for blue!

Seattle's unbelievable transportation megaproject fustercluck - hindsight is always 20/20, but we never seem to learn from that either...

Which country shares your parenting values? - when I first found this I got Kazakhstan, and now I get Japan. It is quite difficult to choose an order. What I found most interesting was the tool to compare two countries' values to each other.

Stop trying to be happy - in a nutshell, happiness is the journey, something I am only just starting to understand

Examples of Myers-Briggs Personalities in Stories - for fun, if you want to relate to a TV character with your Myers Briggs type. I'm like Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog, lol.

Game of Thrones, Tyrion and Sansa on tumblr - a couple seasons old, but I still really this

New York City vs. San Francisco - because West coast culture is very similar to SF, I totally understand these. Also check out part 1

Ready for Rain: Why Seattleites crave the end of summer - more relevant in October, but with summer approaching I am already looking forward to October...

This for That: A guide to cooking and baking substitutes - must keep handy for when I bake/cook

Methods to slicing a mango - easy safe way with fun narrative and a quick way that probably only works on soft and ripe ones

No comments: