Saturday, December 31, 2011

slightly obligatory new year's eve post

2011 for me was a big year of change. giant whirlwind of emotions - excitement of moving, grief due to loss, eagerness to explore, heartache of loneliness, intrigue of new hobbies, frustration at injuries... some were great, some were downright depressing.


revisiting my 2011 goals...
1. do at least one active thing per week - semi-FAIL
first half of the year, yes. 2nd half, not so much
2. travel once every 2 months - DONE!
milwaukee (2/5), twin cities (4/8), new orleans (5/6), new york (5/18), move to seattle (6/9-not exactly traveling, but let's count it), vancouver (7/30), new york (8/20), los angeles (10/20), san francisco (11/23), austin/houston (12/24)
3. finish at least one book every 2 months - FAIL
this goal fizzled in 2nd half of the year, but I did read 4 books...
4. actively pursue a real FT job - DONE!
started a new one 6/13/11
5. finish some console games currently collecting dust - FAIL
this was hard to do in the 2nd half of the year due to lack of a TV...


so. definitely need to improve on working towards my goals.


decreeing new 2012 goals...
1. call my mother at minimum once a month, work towards once a week
2. travel once every 2 months (this was a fun one from last year)
3. pickup a new activity (once the knee fully heals)
4. finish games and projects that i start
5. read 5 books


have a happy new year!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I call my dad every day after work as I walk to my car. Conversation lasts 2-5 minutes because I do it everyday so not much to talk about. Also the trigger is "walking to my car."

Triggers help!

So good to see you.
Also every 2 months = awesome and I'm insanely jealous. :)

funyun said...

triggers seems like a good idea. i will try it next time.

always a pleasure to see you. and your dog!